OCR in the Cloud
Cloud OCR provides a quick way to search for content within your documents. Create text searchable PDFs and editable documents when scanning without needing to install a 3rd party scanning app! PaperCut MF delivers and manages quick scan, OCR and delivery functionality in one product.
- Text searchable PDFs
- Editable Documents
- No 3rd Party Scanning App
Select Accounts at the Device
Charge to an account or client right at the device, even when printing from smartphones and tablets. Selecting accounts at your MFD makes life so much easier for mobile workforces and admins. Offer the flexibility to use any device to get work done.
Available on: Fuji Xerox, HP, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Ricoh, Sharp, Toshiba, Xerox, and Sindoh
Job Ticketing Enhancements
Job Ticketing features new updates to bring users to a more simplified workplace. With all new “Mini Rooms”, Job Ticketing offers the flexibility you need to deliver high quality print jobs with ease.
Get A Quote
Other Release Highlights
- Evernote and pCloud added to Scan to Cloud Storage.
- Install multiple Mobility Print queues and setup guest printing for Chromebooks.
- New printer discovery for Mobility Print.
- New user experience for Sharp devices.
- Improvements to Integrated Scanning workflow on Kyocera devices.
- Choose a default language on Konica Minolta devices.
- Support for Fuji Xerox ApeosPort VII embedded application.
- Created a new page in the Admin user interface, called "Capture", where users now configure OCR and scan capture settings. PC-15070
- Integrated Scanning OCR now supports on-premise scanning. This suits environments with appropriate infrastructure that have restrictions for using cloud services. ACA-677
- OCR now supports over 100 languages. ACA-769
- A new "Capture" tab has been added to the Admin web interface under Options. This tab provides the ability to configure the languages that can be used during OCR processing. You can select up to 10 languages.
Note: If you're a PaperCut Cloud OCR service Percolator customer, after you upgrade to release 19.0, you need to re-select your languages. PC-15189
- Improved scan delivery performance. PC-15127
PaperCut Cloud Services:
- Added two data centres for hosting PaperCut Cloud Services in different regions. You are prompted to choose which one to use when you activate PaperCut Cloud Services. If you are already using PaperCut Cloud Services you can change the hosting region. ACA-622
- When you activate PaperCut Cloud Services you can now choose the geographic region in which the service will be hosted: USA, Europe (Germany), or Australia. PC-14962
- Improved Application Server performance by changing the maximum number of concurrent connections allowed from 8 K to 16 K per port (configurable in server.properties). PC-11001
- Improved performance when under heavy load by adding a new connector for SQL Server 2016 to reduced database connection times. If you're using SQL Server 2016+ and upgrading to PaperCut MF 19.0, switch to the new connector. PC-14525
- Introduced the ability to select an account for a print job at the device, for client billing or cost allocation purposes. MAC-5262
- SNMPv3 can now be used for:
- receiving toner notifications
- retrieving toner level information (for supported printers)
- 'device in error' retrieval
- device configuration (for supported MFDs).
For details, refer to 'Enable SNMP' in the Manual. PC-14922
- Improved performance by increasing the default number of concurrent connections allowed on 64-bit macOS servers. PC-14869
- System default users are now excluded from the User List in the Admin web interface. PC-14810
Google Cloud Print: Improved performance by increasing the default value of gcp.http-timeout-seconds to 240. PC-15197
Email to Print: Fixed an issue that caused MS Word comments to not be printed. PC-15377
Azure AD: Fixed an issue on the User/Group Sync page that caused the "Accept self-signed certificate" option to be unavailable for Azure AD Secure LDAP (since 18.3.0). PC-14859
HP DesignJet Z-Series PostScript printer driver: Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect page size to be detected after the user had selected a custom paper size. PC-15387
- The Print Provider now has its own new release versioning. For this release it's 22.214.171.1240. It’s also included as part of this release. PC-15483
- Fixed an issue that caused Print Provider to restart when analyzing PCL5 spool files generated by some printer drivers.PC-15524
- In the Admin web interface, changed the MF/NG About page to show a link to the Support web form instead of the Support email. If an ASC or reseller overrides the support email, then their email stays displayed. PC-15267
- Fixed an issue that caused a server error and logged the user out when they released a print job on a device that was currently in error and was configured to "Block the release of jobs when this device is in error". PC-15356
- Fixed an issue that caused the Fiery tool to not retrieve jobs. Also added extra logging to show raw Fiery Box replies and to log when jobs are skipped due to zero printed pages. PC-15261
- Fixed an issue that prevented the PaperCut NG/MF logs from indicating the reason for a failure when a notification message failed to send. PC-15042
- Fixed an issue in Print Scripting that caused the "defaultChoice" option in dialogs to not accept values that were concatenated (e.g. `12 + ' Monkeys'`) (since 18.3.0). PC-15040
- Fixed an issue where using the server.listen-interface in server.properties prevented server-command from working. PC-14778
- Fixed an issue that caused certain printer drivers to print on the default paper size when Tabloid (11x17) paper size was selected. PC-14690
- Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect language to be displayed on the Admin web interface > Device statistics tab. PC-15208
- Fixed a problem that sometimes caused incorrect print outs when using Google Cloud Print, Email to Print, or Web Print with some printer drivers. PC-15299
Database Schema for SQL server: Updated the database so SQL server can accept and store special characters from character sets other than Latin (for example, characters with umlauts or accents, .Arabic characters etc.). A database update is required.
Important: SQL Server Express has a maximum database size limit of 10 GB and upgrading requires some free memory. So when you upgrade to Release 19.0, make sure the data in the PaperCut NG/MF database is less than 8 GB or the upgrade will fail. If the database is larger than 8 GB, contact us. PC-14602
Added an option in the Admin web interface on the Options > General page to display real-time activity warnings when the User Client is unavailable and requires user input. MAC-5385